Technical Project Manager
Quincy, MA, USA (or remote) – Full-time
Dive Technologies is fielding the next generation of Autonomous Underwater Vehicles (AUVs) to tackle the extremely challenging industry demands of seabed exploration. Founded in 2018 by a group of experts in the AUV industry, Dive has brought to the market a unique, ultra-long-range, full-ocean-depth platform and a completely refreshed maritime vehicle and flexible manufacturing architecture that scales from “large” to “extra-large” vehicle sizes. Today, Dive is executing on multi-million-dollar contracts for the US Navy and DARPA while simultaneously performing Robot-as-a-Service (RaaS) commercial surveys. Dive Technologies is a well-funded, venture-backed team with over 100-years of combined AUV experience from organizations such as Liquid Robotics, Teledyne, Bluefin Robotics, Oceaneering, the US Navy, and more.
As our team continues to quickly grow, we are looking for motivated candidates that are inspired to work within an extremely energetic, creative, and innovative team that is passionate about subsea robotics and exploring the open ocean. We work in a highly dynamic environment where collaboration and idea sharing are a way of life.
We are seeking a Technical Project Manager to join Dive Technologies, working in a cutting-edge start-up environment to advance the state-of-the-possible in subsea robotics.
In this role you will:
- Report to the Director of Programs and work within a team of multidisciplinary engineers and specialists throughout the life of AUV design and integration efforts
- Serve as project management lead for a variety of customer funded tasks, including both developmental efforts and those focused on commercial product and service delivery
- Support the detailed planning and execution of projects, including:
- Developing project scope and managing changes through the life of the project
- Identifying, tracking and managing project risks
- Generating and maintaining project schedules
- Manage deliverables, including routine status updates and final delivery to the customer
- Interface with the internal Program Management (PM) and customer teams to provide technical and schedule performance updates related to project efforts
- As required, support the internal PM and finance teams with budget tracking, reporting, and invoicing
- Support the Sales and Business Development teams with new business capture, including:
- Serve as the “voice of the customer” for follow-on business capture efforts and activities
- Assist with proposal generation by providing budgetary estimates for new project scope
- Support the Engineering team in the definition of high-level system design and architecture for future vehicle builds
- Lead formal testing efforts by generating test plans, identifying resources needed, and supporting mobilization logistics
- Coordinate test execution with 3rd party vendors and partners
- Lead offshore AUV test events when required (typically multiple-day test events with occasional multiple -week deployments)
- Travel to support customer meetings and testing approximately 25% of the time
The ideal candidate must have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science degree in systems engineering or related field and a passion for hardware development
- 5+ years of robotics experience, specifically in technical project management and/or systems engineering, or related project management and/or systems engineering experience in a relevant industry
- Understanding of government contract structure and reporting
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented
- Excellent communication skills
Additional desirable qualifications for the ideal candidate:
- Experience operating robotic systems offshore
- Experience integrating subsea acoustic sensors
Department of Defense Secret security clearance is preferred at time of hire. The ability to obtain a DoD Secret clearance is required. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed on our projects, U.S. citizenship is required.
Dive Technologies is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or protected veteran status.
To help protect employees, clients, and the community, Dive Technologies requires all employees to provide proof of vaccination against COVID-19 prior to beginning employment. Employees who are unable to receive a vaccination against COVID-19 due to a medical condition or religious belief may request an accommodation from Dive Technologies. Information about requesting an accommodation will be provided upon request to any individual who receives a job offer from Dive Technologies. Dive Technologies will consider all requests for accommodation in accordance with applicable law.