Autonomous Underwater Vehicle (AUV) Systems Engineer
Quincy, MA, USA – Full-time
Dive Technologies is developing and manufacturing the next generation of AUVs from the ground up. Work with a small team of incredibly smart people who are passionate about subsea robotics. Our team is made of people eager to design and be hands-on in building and testing their own creations. We work in a highly dynamic environment where collaboration and idea sharing is a way of life.
We are looking for a Systems Engineer to join our team and build novel Autonomous Underwater Vehicles (AUVs) from the ground up.
- Work within a small team of multidisciplinary engineers and specialists throughout the life of AUV design and integration efforts
- Interface with customers during the opportunity and execution phases of a project
- Develop project plans and track performance to those plans while generating customer deliverables
- Develop and manage interface control documentation related to the AUVs
- Derive and document project requirements based on mission profile and customer needs
- Lead validation and verification efforts for AUV and subsystems
- Participate in offshore AUV testing when required (typically single day trips with occasional multi-day deployments)
- Bachelor of Science degree in engineering field and a passion for hardware development
- 5+ years project and team lead experience
- 2+ years experience working with robotic control systems
- Experience working in fast paced, high growth, dynamic companies
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented
- Experience in creating and performing detailed and clear presentations
- Experience with Robot Operating System (ROS)
- 5+ years working with subsea electromechanical systems
- Understanding of subsea navigation techniques and limitations
- Familiarity with high-level architecture, performance, and limitations of subsea robotic systems including AUVs and ROVs
- Experience working offshore
Department of Defense Secret security clearance is preferred at time of hire. The ability to obtain a DoD Secret clearance is required. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within on our projects, U.S. citizenship is required.
Dive Technologies is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or protected veteran status.