Survey Product Lead
Quincy, MA, USA – Full-time
Dive Technologies is fielding the next generation of Autonomous Underwater Vehicles (AUVs) to tackle the extremely challenging industry demands of seabed exploration. Work within an extremely energetic, creative, and innovative team that is passionate about subsea robotics and exploring the open ocean. We work in a highly dynamic environment where collaboration and idea sharing are a way of life.
We are looking for a Survey Product Lead to work in a start-up environment and join our cutting-edge team in the acceleration of bringing the DIVE-LD offshore survey product to market.
In this role you will:
- Be part of a hyper-motivated team consisting of both multidisciplinary engineers, and specialists leading AUV design and integration efforts
- Lead the product lifecycle of the DIVE-LD AUV survey product by creating and executing a technical plan for product capability rollouts
- Quantify and validate the performance of the DIVE-LD AUV against customer survey specifications, and identify possible performance upgrades
- Support commercial sales team and interface with customers to gain a deep understanding of offshore survey requirements and the data product deliverable
- Draft and develop test plans for critical subsystems, and support vehicle level acceptance testing
- Identify and track critical performance metrics for the core platform as well as for project-specific vehicle builds
- Develop interface controls for partners and customers to use for hardware, software, and electrical integration of survey payloads with the DIVE-LD
- Achieve maximum uptime by leading vehicle data analysis efforts to identify performance trends and develop predictive failure models
- Support build and benchtop testing of new vehicle systems
- Conduct hands-on, offshore AUV testing when required (typically single day trips with occasional multi-day deployments)
- Travel and offshore operations approximately 25% of the time
The ideal candidate will have:
- 5+ years of experience operating robotic systems at-sea
- Experience with Linux and command line interfaces as well as software debugging
- Knowledge of electronics troubleshooting and basics use of test equipment
- Experience with Microsoft Excel
- Proficient in reading and understanding engineering drawings and specifications.
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented
- Demonstrated experience with subsea operational procedures and equipment.
- Excellent communication and customer support skills
Department of Defense Secret security clearance is preferred at time of hire. The ability to obtain a DoD Secret clearance is required. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed on our projects, U.S. citizenship is required.
Dive Technologies is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or protected veteran status.