Software Systems Engineer
Quincy, MA, USA – Full-time
Dive Technologies is fielding the next generation of Autonomous Underwater Vehicles (AUVs) to tackle the extremely challenging industry demands of seabed exploration. Founded in 2018 by a group of experts in the AUV industry, Dive has brought to the market a unique, ultra-long-range, full-ocean-depth platform and a completely refreshed maritime vehicle and flexible manufacturing architecture that scales from “large” to “extra-large” vehicle sizes. Today, Dive is executing on multi-million-dollar contracts for the US Navy and DARPA while simultaneously performing Robot-as-a-Service (RaaS) commercial surveys. Dive Technologies is a well-funded, venture-backed team with over 100-years of combined AUV experience from organizations such as Liquid Robotics, Teledyne, Bluefin Robotics, Oceaneering, the US Navy, and more.
As our team continues to quickly grow, we are looking for motivated candidates that are inspired to work within an extremely energetic, creative, and innovative team that is passionate about subsea robotics and exploring the open ocean. We work in a highly dynamic environment where collaboration and idea sharing are a way of life.
We are seeking a Software Systems Engineer to join Dive Technologies, working in a cutting-edge start-up environment to advance the state-of-the-possible in subsea robotics.
In this role you will:
- Report to the Director of Research and Development and work within a team of multidisciplinary engineers and specialists throughout the life of AUV design and integration efforts
- Develop, test, and release code for a robotic vehicle controller and user interface programs
- Contribute to all stages of the vehicle product development/production cycle, including node and application creation, testing, release, and maintenance
- Identify and develop standard interfaces to maximize applicability and scalability of AUV interfaces to advanced autonomy solutions
- Develop and scale existing interfaces between SW elements to enable rapid integration of advanced future payloads
- Work with customers and developers to prototype and architect standard interfaces and plug-ins for vehicle software
- Design and develop standalone simulation capabilities for development of future autonomy behaviors and algorithms
- Conduct hands-on, offshore AUV testing when required (typically single day trips with occasional multi-day deployments)
- Travel and offshore operations approximately 10% of the time
The ideal candidate must have the following qualifications:
- A passion for robotics development, integration, and testing
- Familiarity with flexible robotic software interfaces and architecture design
- 8+ years experience in robotics, embedded software development, or autonomous system architectures
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- A sincere commitment to a positive, inclusive, and collaborative culture
Additional desirable qualifications for the ideal candidate:
- Experience with development and debug using C++ and ROS
- Exposure to UMAA, MOOS-IVP, and other existing autonomy solutions for AUVs
- Experience operating robotic systems offshore
- Experience with automated software testing and evaluation
Department of Defense Secret security clearance is preferred at time of hire. The ability to obtain a DoD Secret clearance is required. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed on our projects, U.S. citizenship is required.
Dive Technologies is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or protected veteran status.