Quincy, MA, USA – Full-time for Summer 2021
Dive Technologies is developing and manufacturing the next generation of Autonomous Underwater Vehicles (AUVs) from the ground up. Work with a small team of incredibly smart people who are passionate about subsea robotics. Our team is made of people eager to design and be hands-on in building and testing their own creations. We work in a highly dynamic environment where collaboration and idea sharing are a way of life.
We are looking for a Robotics Intern to work in a start-up environment and join our cutting-edge team in the development and manufacture of autonomous underwater vehicles (AUV). In this role, the Robotics Intern will work closely with the Engineering team at Dive to perform the following functions:
- Work within a growing, multidisciplinary team on the design, fabrication, test, and operations of Dive AUVs
- Design and prototype mechanical parts and mechanisms for use in the field
- Document and develop software tools such as data analysis and manipulation programs
- Fabricate parts and subassemblies to support offshore testing and new capability development for the DIVE-LD
- Currently pursuing or considering a degree in Engineering
- Extremely organized, and detail-oriented
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Experience using MS Office suite
- Solidworks Experience
- Experience with ROS and/or C++
- Matlab Experience
- Fabrication experience (specifically hand-tools and/or 3D printing)
Due to the nature of work performed within on our projects, U.S. citizenship is required.
Department of Defense Secret security clearance is preferred at time of hire. The ability to obtain a DoD Secret clearance is required. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within on our projects, U.S. citizenship is required.
Dive Technologies is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or protected veteran status.