Quincy, MA, USA – Full-time
Dive Technologies is developing and manufacturing the next generation of Autonomous Underwater Vehicles (AUVs) from the ground up. Work with a small team of incredibly smart people who are passionate about subsea robotics. Our team is made of people eager to design and be hands-on in building and testing their own creations. We work in a highly dynamic environment where collaboration and idea sharing are a way of life.
We are looking for a Mechanical Engineer to join our team on the cutting edge of AUV development.
- Work within a small team of multidisciplinary engineers and specialists throughout the life of AUV design and integration efforts
- Design and documentation of complex payloads and vehicle mechanisms
- Perform mechanical system development, analysis, and prototyping
- Perform AUV, subsystem, and 3rd party component integration, test, and debug
- Create and implement redlines from integration and test phases
- Conduct offshore AUV testing when required (typically single day trips with occasional multi-day deployments)
- Bachelor of Science degree in mechanical engineering and a passion for hardware development
- Experience designing, testing, and debugging mechanical systems
- Hands-on system build experience
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience with SolidWorks
- Experience operating robotic systems offshore
- Experience with design for manufacturing
- Experience with structural FEA analysis
- Experience with thermal analysis and simulations
- Experience with CFD analysis and simulations
- Experience in rapid prototyping and additive manufacturing technologies
Department of Defense Secret security clearance is preferred at time of hire. The ability to obtain a DoD Secret clearance is required. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within on our projects, U.S. citizenship is required.
Dive Technologies is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or protected veteran status.