Manager, Talent Acquisition & Development
Quincy, MA, USA – Full-time
Dive Technologies is fielding the next generation of Autonomous Underwater Vehicles (AUVs) to tackle the extremely challenging industry demands of seabed exploration. Founded in 2018 by a group of experts in the AUV industry, Dive has brought to the market a unique, ultra-long-range, full-ocean-depth platform and a completely refreshed maritime vehicle and flexible manufacturing architecture that scales from “large” to “extra-large” vehicle sizes. Today, Dive is executing on multi-million-dollar contracts for the US Navy and DARPA while simultaneously performing Robot-as-a-Service (RaaS) commercial surveys. Dive Technologies is a well-funded, venture-backed team with over 100-years of combined AUV experience from organizations such as Liquid Robotics, Teledyne, Bluefin Robotics, Oceaneering, the US Navy, and more.
As our team continues to quickly grow, we are looking for motivated candidates that are inspired to work within an extremely energetic, creative, and innovative team that is passionate about subsea robotics and exploring the open ocean. We work in a highly dynamic environment where collaboration and idea sharing are a way of life.
We are seeking a Manager, Talent Acquisition & Development to join Dive Technologies, working in a cutting-edge start-up environment to advance the state-of-the-possible in subsea robotics.
In this role you will:
- Report to the VP of Operations and work within a team of motivated & dedicated team members to assist and build the team to reach the company’s goals.
- Source candidates using a variety of search methods to build a robust candidate pipeline
- Collaborate with hiring managers and HR partners to develop a strong understanding of the department culture, business strategy and talent profiles to deliver on the hiring needs of the business
- Conduct in-depth screens and assess potential candidates for level of interest, qualifications, and compensation requirements
- Use innovative sourcing channels to convert hard-to-find passive talent including social media, resume mining, diversity resources and networking
- Take ownership of candidate experience by designing and managing job postings, job descriptions, and position requirements
- Perform reference checks as needed
- Facilitate the offer process by extending the offer and negotiating employment terms
- Manage onboarding and new hire process
- Stay abreast of recruiting trends and best practices
- Manage the overall interview, selection, and closing process
- Ensure all screening, hiring, and selection is done in accordance with employment laws and regulation
- Conduct trainings for staff on interviewing best practices
- Lead initiatives on employee engagement
- Evaluate recommend, and lead implementation on Applicant tracking, and HR system(s)
The ideal candidate must have the following qualifications:
- 2 years of recruiting and/or human resources experience
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Demonstrated ability to establish effective and cooperative working relationships built on trust
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Comfortable making decisions independently
- Working knowledge of applicant tracking and systems
- Ability to manage a wide range of relationships with a variety of stakeholders
- Working knowledge of interview techniques and applicant screening methods
- Deep understanding of employment laws and regulations
- Familiar with a wide variety of sourcing avenues
Department of Defense Secret security clearance is preferred at time of hire. The ability to obtain a DoD Secret clearance is required. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within on our projects, U.S. citizenship is required.
Dive Technologies is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or protected veteran status.