Engineering Manufacturing Technician
Quincy, MA, USA – Full-time
Dive Technologies is fielding the next generation of Autonomous Underwater Vehicles (AUVs) to tackle the extremely challenging industry demands of seabed exploration. Founded in 2018 by a group of experts in the AUV industry, Dive has brought to the market a unique, ultra-long-range, full-ocean-depth platform and a completely refreshed maritime vehicle and flexible manufacturing architecture that scales from “large” to “extra-large” vehicle sizes. Today, Dive is executing on multi-million-dollar contracts for the US Navy and DARPA while simultaneously performing Robot-as-a-Service (RaaS) commercial surveys. Dive Technologies is a well-funded, venture-backed team with over 100-years of combined AUV experience from organizations such as Liquid Robotics, Teledyne, Bluefin Robotics, Oceaneering, the US Navy, and more.
As our team continues to quickly grow, we are looking for motivated candidates that are inspired to work within an extremely energetic, creative, and innovative team that is passionate about subsea robotics and exploring the open ocean. We work in a highly dynamic environment where collaboration and idea sharing are a way of life.
We are seeking an Engineering Manufacturing Technician to join Dive Technologies, working in a cutting-edge start-up environment to advance the state-of-the-possible in subsea robotics. You will play a key role in delivering our AUVs to our customers by working hands-on with our engineering team on a multi-disciplinary workflow to deliver world class AUVs. This role will include building complex electromechanical assemblies and integrating them into the final product!
In this role you will:
- Report to the Production Manager and work within a team of multidisciplinary engineers and specialists on AUV assembly and integration efforts
- Manufacture high-reliability cabling and wiring harnesses
- Build, test, and integrate complex electrical and mechanical assemblies into our world class AUVs
- Design, prototype, and scale manufacturing jigs and fixtures to improve build and test efficiency
- Fabricate and modify machined parts and COTS components
- Contribute to all stages of the vehicle product development and manufacturing life cycle, including all aspects of manufacturing documentation as well as providing direct input and feedback to the engineering team on future improvements and new products
- Help develop, document, and improve our workflows
- Help organize and establish our on-site manufacturing workflow
- Potential of traveling offshore to support our operations team
The ideal candidate must have the following qualifications:
- 5+ years experience in robotics and or mechanical technician fields
- Familiarity and comfort with 3D printing, simple fabrication processes, and both plastic and metal part manufacturing
- A full understanding of the manufacturing life cycle
- Experience with electrical engineering and cable/wiring harness manufacturing
- Experience with developing technical documentation and technical drawings
- Commitment to a high-quality product and strong sense of personal ownership of work product
- Familiarity with electromechanical systems
- Proficiency with electrical debug including use of tools such as a digital multimeter, oscilloscope, etc.
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- A sincere commitment to a positive, inclusive, and collaborative culture
- Has a never-ending sense of urgency and enthusiasm
Additional desirable qualifications for the ideal candidate:
- Experience in sub-sea robotics
- Experience working with electrical components up to 400VDc
- Machining and fabricating experience
Department of Defense Secret security clearance is preferred at time of hire. The ability to obtain a DoD Secret clearance is required. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed on our projects, U.S. citizenship is required.
Dive Technologies is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or protected veteran status.