Embedded Software Engineer
Quincy, MA, USA – Full-time
Dive Technologies is developing and manufacturing the next generation of Autonomous Underwater Vehicles (AUVs) from the ground up. Work with a small team of incredibly smart people who are passionate about subsea robotics. Our team is made of people eager to design and be hands-on in building and testing their own creations. We work in a highly dynamic environment where collaboration and idea sharing are a way of life.
We are looking for an Embedded Software Engineer to join our team on the cutting edge of AUV development.
- Work within a small team of multidisciplinary engineers and specialists throughout the life of AUV design and integration efforts
- Develop, test, and release code for a robotic vehicle controller and user interface programs
- Contribute to all stages of the vehicle product development/production cycle, including node and application creation, testing, release, and maintenance
- Software design and implementation of new sensor and functional capabilities into AUV
- Create software tools for engineering analysis of AUV performance and payload data
- Conduct hands-on, offshore AUV testing when required (typically single day trips with occasional multi-day deployments)
- Travel and offshore operations approximately 25% of the time
- Bachelor of Science degree in software or computer engineering and a passion for robotics development
- 5+ years experience in robotics, embedded software development, and integration and testing
- Experience with development and debug using C++ and ROS
- Familiarity with systems engineering, electrical engineering, and control algorithms
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience operating robotic systems offshore
- Experience integrating subsea acoustic sensors
Department of Defense Secret security clearance is preferred at time of hire. The ability to obtain a DoD Secret clearance is required. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within on our projects, U.S. citizenship is required.
Dive Technologies is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or protected veteran status.