Electrical Power Systems Engineer
Quincy, MA, USA – Full-time
Dive Technologies is fielding the next generation of Autonomous Underwater Vehicles (AUVs) to tackle the extremely challenging industry demands of seabed exploration. Founded in 2018 by a group of experts in the AUV industry, Dive has brought to the market a unique, ultra-long-range, full-ocean-depth platform and a completely refreshed maritime vehicle and flexible manufacturing architecture that scales from “large” to “extra-large” vehicle sizes. Today, Dive is executing on multi-million-dollar contracts for the US Navy and DARPA while simultaneously performing Robot-as-a-Service (RaaS) commercial surveys. Dive Technologies is a well-funded, venture-backed team with over 100-years of combined AUV experience from organizations such as Liquid Robotics, Teledyne, Bluefin Robotics, Oceaneering, the US Navy, and more.
As our team continues to quickly grow, we are looking for motivated candidates that are inspired to work within an extremely energetic, creative, and innovative team that is passionate about subsea robotics and exploring the open ocean. We work in a highly dynamic environment where collaboration and idea sharing are a way of life.
We are seeking an Electrical Power Systems Engineer to join Dive Technologies, working in a cutting-edge start-up environment to advance the state-of-the-possible in subsea robotics.
In this role you will:
- Report to the Director of Research and Development and work within a team of multidisciplinary engineers and specialists throughout the life of AUV design and integration efforts
- Analyze existing power architecture, PCBs, and components and improve system efficiency
- Design, integration, and testing of new power distribution systems (conversions, cabling, monitoring systems, etc.)
- PCB design and prototyping for new capabilities and improvements
- Identify common power interfaces with AUV and research future power technologies and capabilities for integration into next-gen AUV systems
- Conduct offshore AUV testing when required (typically single day trips with occasional multi-day deployments)
The ideal candidate must have the following qualifications:
- A passion for robotics development, integration, and testing
- 3+ years designing, testing, and debugging high-efficiency power distribution systems
- Experience with Altium
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- A sincere commitment to a positive, inclusive, and collaborative culture
Additional desirable qualifications for the ideal candidate:
- Experience operating robotic systems offshore
- Experience integrating subsea acoustic sensors
- Experience with regenerative systems for energy harvesting
Department of Defense Secret security clearance is preferred at time of hire. The ability to obtain a DoD Secret clearance is required. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed on our projects, U.S. citizenship is required.
Dive Technologies is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or protected veteran status.