Commercial Business Development Lead
Quincy, MA, USA – Full-time
Dive Technologies is fielding the next generation of Autonomous Underwater Vehicles (AUVs) to tackle the extremely challenging industry demands of seabed exploration. Founded in 2018 by a group of experts in the AUV industry, Dive has brought to the market a unique, ultra-long-range, full-ocean-depth platform and a completely refreshed maritime vehicle and flexible manufacturing architecture that scales from “large” to “extra-large” vehicle sizes. Today, Dive is executing on multi-million-dollar contracts for the US Navy and DARPA while simultaneously performing Robot-as-a-Service (RaaS) commercial surveys. Dive Technologies is a well-funded, venture-backed team with over 100-years of combined AUV experience from organizations such as Liquid Robotics, Teledyne, Bluefin Robotics, Oceaneering, the US Navy, and more.
As our team continues to quickly grow, we are looking for motivated candidates that are inspired to work within an extremely energetic, creative, and innovative team that is passionate about subsea robotics and exploring the open ocean. We work in a highly dynamic environment where collaboration and idea sharing are a way of life.
We are seeking a Commercial Business Development Lead to join Dive Technologies, working in a cutting-edge start-up environment to accelerate bringing the DIVE-LD offshore survey product and commercial AUV capabilities to key markets, domestically and internationally.
In this role you will:
- Report to the CEO and lead business development and growth efforts associated with the offshore survey AUV product and expand Dive’s commercial customer networks
- Identify and validate commercial sales opportunities and lead proposal writing, negotiation, and response efforts
- Analyze, evolve, and own Dive’s go-to-market strategy around direct sales and Robot-as-a-Service (RaaS) to maximize commercial market penetration and revenue generation
- Interact with Program Management, Engineering, and Strategy to ensure that company technology and product offerings evolve to meet the needs of our current and future customers
- Communicate customer requirements in a clear and organized way to Dive’s internal technical team to influence the product roadmap
- Provide technical sales support to customers and track customer feedback information and ensure commitments are met
- Lead the competitive analysis of the offshore survey and commercial AUV industries
- Identify and work with partners and teammates who will compliment and compound Dive’s offering to the commercial survey market
- Maintain knowledge of new technologies through continuous professional development
- Conduct business development activities such as customer visits, seminars, presentations, phone calls, and attend industry-related conferences
- Spend approximately 50% of the time traveling for customer interactions, trade shows, etc.
The ideal candidate must have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree, ideally in engineering, or similar field, or equivalent experience and sufficient technical skills and experience to evaluate customer needs
- 10+ years of experience in the offshore survey industry
- Demonstrated long-term experience in business development roles and proven ability in building enduring customer relationships
- Deep understanding of subsea survey customers and requirements for the offshore energy and maritime technology markets
- Demonstrated track record of closing multi-million-dollar business deals/partnerships in the commercial market
- Ability to analyze markets, collect customer input, and build a strategic capture plan for target commercial markets
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- A sincere commitment to a positive, inclusive, and collaborative culture
Additional desirable qualifications for the ideal candidate:
- Proven success of running complex customer relationships campaigns; involving political, business, and technical aspects
- Familiarity with global trade controls and US export compliance
- Experience operating robotic systems offshore
- Experience integrating subsea sensors and payloads
- Experience with proposal management
- Experience with effectively using CRM tools
Department of Defense Secret security clearance is preferred at time of hire. The ability to obtain a DoD Secret clearance is required. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed on our projects, U.S. citizenship is required.
Dive Technologies is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or protected veteran status.