AUV Field Test Engineer
Quincy, MA, USA – Full-time
Dive Technologies is developing and manufacturing the next generation of Autonomous Underwater Vehicles (AUVs) from the ground up. Work with a small team of incredibly smart people who are passionate about subsea robotics. Our team is made of people eager to design and be hands-on in building and testing their own creations. We work in a highly dynamic environment where collaboration and idea sharing are a way of life.
We are looking for an AUV Field Test Engineer to join our team on the cutting edge of AUV development.
- Work within a small team of multidisciplinary engineers and specialists throughout the life of AUV design and integration efforts
- Take on the principal responsibilities of the hands-on troubleshooting, repair, operation and maintenance of AUVs in the field
- Lead day-to-day local small boat operations of multiple AUV platforms including launch and recovery
- Deploy globally in support of AUV operations from a variety of support vessel types
- Write, review, and execute test plans during sea testing
- Coordinate test execution with 3rd party vendors and partners
- Create, track, and report test execution budget and schedule
- Author detailed daily operational test reports
- Support software UI design for AUV systems
- Generate user documentation for all aspects of AUV operations, including AUV user guide, mission planning guide, etc
- Conduct routine design reviews of the platform under test with an eye towards improving operability and reducing learning curve for AUV at-sea operation
- Travel and deployed operations approximately 50% to 75% of the time
- 5+ years of experience operating robotic systems at-sea
- Experience with Linux and command line interfaces as well as software debugging
- Knowledge of electronics troubleshooting and basics use of test equipment
- Experience with Microsoft Excel
- Proficient in reading and understanding engineering drawings and specifications.
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented
- Demonstrated experience with subsea operational procedures and equipment.
- Excellent communication and customer support skills
- Experience with software development
- Experience integrating subsea acoustic sensors, underwater navigation and communication systems.
Department of Defense Secret security clearance is preferred at time of hire. The ability to obtain a DoD Secret clearance is required. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within on our projects, U.S. citizenship is required.
Dive Technologies is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or protected veteran status.